2016-04-28

raised up... [part a]


“And it shall come to pass, when your days are expired and you go to be with your fathers, that I will raise up your seed after you, which shall be one of your sons; and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build me a house, and I will establish his throne for ever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son: … But I will settle him in my house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.” 2 Sam 7:11-14



It seems to the author, that when YHWH-God and his prophets spoke of  “the anointed raised up by God”, this phrase ‘raised up’ would likely be taken to mean ‘established’ or ‘set -up’ by all but those who were post Yeshua’s resurrection. The Apostles then in retrospect understood their master’s comment about the Son of Adam: “three days later he will rise”, as further interpretations of these prophecies waiting to be fulfilled by YHWH-God’s intervention into history, in a sense no less miraculous than what he did in the Exodus, the Exile, & the Return. The Gospel records of Jesus’ actions in ‘raising up’ others [e.g. Peter’s mother-in-law (Mark 1:31), the demonized deaf-mute boy -who looked dead (Mk 9:26f), and Lazaras (Jn 11:11-48) etc.],  may then act as hints, or poetic foretastes, of this bigger more permanent, “raising up” of this ultimate “Anointed One”; as the Apostle Peter comments during Pentecost: “David died & we have his bones”, in effect we have one greater than David here, this “anointed one” is raised up never to die again (as is put by another New Testament writer: Heb 7:15-17), and can then pass on this life to others (1Pet 1:22-25).



And you shall know me,
know that I AM - THE
Creator, that’s he
whose love makes meaning;


she gives her body
for food to her wee-
ones; who know they’ll be
nurtured as they feed.


From whom poetry
and songs are sourced free;
like a beaut fruit tree
(and in fruit’s the seed).


I’ll raise up your son
from a seed in one,
(as your father’s done)
until he has won..


*won growth from one cell,
  this tree never fell!
*Won right to rule well,
*& heart of his gal.


*I’ll raise up your child
  so he’s not “dropped wild”,
  but trained till he’s styled
  as “slow to be riled”.


So when I said “raised
up”; who thought of praised?
This "pup" may be dazed,
don't assume he's crazed!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...