2015-09-03

DO-BE-DO-WARR (OF LOVE, IN LOVE)

Be on your guard, stand firm in the faith, be brave, be strong and let everything that you do be done in love. 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 (PM Version)

God thank you for having
such good plans for us
as this, to be living
LOVE in all the fuss

of all that we do here
(and all that we say?),
makes me want to give Cheer!
Live like that today!

But now I am scared stiff,
too often I'm not
much loving, with no whiff
of Jesus' hot,

white hot steel that's to be
pounded and shaped well,
by your skillfull smithie
from heaven (not hell).

Oh to have his sword-love,
sharp as a scalpel
tough as a hea'nly dove,
strong as a whirlpool.

Maybe today as I
welcome love's beatings
on me and in all my
longings / entreatings

and let your love soften
my cold and hard heart,
please "blow" it as often
as needs be to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...