2013-01-22

All in *a day's work*

Why must I every morning,
and afternoon as well,
have this *job* thrust upon me?
It comes back like a smell.
As I now think about it;
it's not that I feel bad,
I certainly don't doubt it
must be done, or I'm mad!
A bit of quick reaction
is called for here, (with slow).
Don't feel like crucifixion,
but maybe each new blow...?
That calm determination
to do what must be done,
to nail down (no frustration)
- like they did to "the Son"..
"The Son of Humanity",
he fondly called himself;
He, the archetype of me,
would go through this, to Hell.
His followers would doubt it,
they'd say "That's not the way".
He didn't HAVE to do it;
they did, so he would pay!
I needed crucifixion;
he didn't, not a bit.
So Love goes to Jerus'lem,
his hand, my glove, that fits.
---------------------------------------
"Soldier" doing his job well,
"just bang on in that nail"-
quick and clean, no living hell
of playing cat/mouse games.
For in me, it's not the good,
the holy and the true,
that must be nailed down, or should
be buried dead and blue, ...
...but the Judas, anti-christ,
however he got there,
that must be killed, sacrificed (?)
O God it's hardly fair!
Not fair that he who never sinned
would let love so constrain him,
and show up all my blustery wind.
"The Son of Love" I name him!
And, gladly name this undead thing
and to "Gehenna" send it;
unless your spirit blows and brings
life "from above", can't "mend it"!

*And he said to them all, "If you want to come with me you must forget yourself, take up your cross every day, and follow me." (Luke 9:23; GNB)*

Some relevant background thoughts/quotes:
you shall love your neighbour, as you love yourself” OT (Lev 19:18)
Maybe Jesus opened that “yourself” up a bit when he said: (luke 9:23) “And he said to them all, “If you want to come with me, you must forget yourself, take up your cross every day, and follow me.” And then (John 13:34) “And now I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
  • He didn’t quite pamper them. He spoke the truth, he challenged, he was gentle (in some circumstances), he was severe (in others; e.g. “Get behind me Satan” etc), he let them see his feelings...
  • Did Jesus also love, say, the Pharisees? or the Teachers of the Law/ Scribes? Was his severe talking to them, simply the way that love had to be expressed in that context to them as leaders (“to whom much has beeen given, much will be required”), in order to wake them up(!) - as with his other comments to Peter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...