2012-07-06

On Brother’s Birthday[1]

God bless you my brother.
Thought of you through today,
tried to write another
poem-ish thing: What to say?

It's still on my clip-board,
I'm in bed (at the coast),
someone near me just snored,
you're so old, you don’t boast.

You've prob'ly “hit the sack”
some time ago, I know.
Still you might get a whack,
- not turning your sound low.

A whack or two's not bad,
in more than 45
years; with wife, & as dad,
-it proves that you're alive.

So now, before midnight
I'd better send this text
(the screen seems very bright),
before my wife's too vexed.

The years seem now to fly
(I'm close to old as you),
I'm glad this life is like
our baby teeth that "do"...

..until the "permanent"
teeth push the "babies" out,
the baby ones were meant
for fairies' cups no doubt...

Good - night, and this next year,
to you ol' Craigeo,
don't you give in to fear,
when things get wobbly-o.

Paul-eo.

[& to add to that, from another time (but celebrating this birthday anniversary of Craig R. Walker)...]

Craigeo, Baigeo!
now grows a bit older.
Is he more daigeo[2],
or more like a soldier?

Craigy the baby now
has travelled far beyond
most baby Walkers. Bow!
(- this is how to respond)

“A baby” you tell me;
-older than forty-five-
can NOT stay a baby
if it grows well, alive!

Craigy the baby(-faced)
- to all of his siblings
(who per chance were born first)
is past all these quiblings.

To him [& the one there,
who when not, he Missus;
along with their Pigeon-Pair]:
X, X, come these kisses!

Pauleo. 

[1] Sent about midnight 6/7/2012 (but it decided to change it to an mms & took about 5min to send)
[2] Daigeo= a friendly form of “daigo”- from another culture/  a less common form of “daggy”,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...