2020-06-24

to sing/pray while ascending … on the journey into the Lord’s presence more fully


Oh Lord, I’ve checked my heart, my mind I’ll stop, 
my eyes aren’t overlooking folk near me. 
I’ve put aside desires to be on top, 
to understand so I can rule and be 

in charge before I’ve learned in your good time. 
I’m not the big boss. You are that I know. 
And you’re the wise one, who can make things rhyme. 
I’ll not usurp to be the one who’ll show 

 you how it’s done, from my great knowledge store. 
I’ve calmed and shushed myself like a weaned child. 
Just like a little child on own is poor, 
but with Mum's rich in all that’s good and wild! 

Oh all who are God’s people, put your hope 
not in technologies and other things.
But in the Lord, who smiles, & who can cope 
both now and with what any future brings.

 

After Psalm 131 ; Paul Walker 24/06/2020, Orange NSW, Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...