2015-05-21

Clarity About Kat's Arvo Classes

One afternoon,
Or two a week,
They take a room,
And drink or eat!


And then have fun,
And call it Ed-
Ed-u-ca-tion!
What is this spread?

How can this be?
I heard; they laughed!
And I don’t see…
I must be daft!

Why theirs should be
Such a good time,
I just don’t see.
I want for mine

To have been so
When off to school
I had to go.
I feel a fool.
 
But at that time,
Now as I think,
I didn’t mind,
I’d have a drink

I’d nibble too
Just after school,
A “breakfast zoo”,
Lunch - as a rule.


But these pit-stops
Were quite without
Teachers (were tops)
But they, no doubt


May have been glad
To not be lumped
With us when sad.
They might have jumped

At any chance
To share life more
With us, to dance
On lounge-room floor.


Faces shining?
To be with us -
Special “whining”
And “making fuss”


To do with food,
..Carrot or pea...
We weren’t all rude
But, now I see…

It wasn’t all bad,
Cause our teachers
Might not like - Dad,
Or some features


Of our fam’ly.
Though for sometimes
It might just be
Fun to have rhymes


Along with food;
English stuff in
meal times too’d
- make good Muffin!

Maths might mingle
With our pit-stops.
Well, the jingle
Of coins in shops


Certainly could
Be important
To buy food, good
Value oughtn’t


Only be for
When you grow up.
Teachers might more
Have us show up

if they came for
tea twice each week.
Then stopped (by law)
to laugh, and speak


with Mums and Dads
parents shared life
both "goods" & "bads"...
t.b.c.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...