2014-10-23

PS - 90 THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE. Part A

p.s. - 90

Lord, what's in your world around us
are pictures, portraits, hints
of things that would astound us
if we recognized their glints.

For instance I've been thinking
of "home" and "government"
& what it takes to make one
that "does the trick" for which it's meant.

Some people's lives are lived out
(as though they're on a stage)
to show they've got what it's about
"in The Ball Park", "on The Page".

Some folk's lives are quietly spent
just building, working well,
yet can still be to "pay the rent"
or "build the home" - from hell...

And then I thought of this phrase
"O Lord you've always been
our home (or just our dwelling place)"
though you've not been (by us) seen.

And now I see a further link
with what Yeshua said
'bout "where your treasure is", I think
-there your heart finds its bed.

And one trite little saying,
an old wives' tale I reckon;
what could they know 'bout brick-laying?
- though could know how to beckon, ...

to call the heart of their man
to build a nest of love true,
(not the glamored Hollywood sham)
a conduit letting love flow through.

And that little saying, 'kitsch',
comes flooding back just now to me:
"Home is where the heart is" which
sounds more like him, whose irony

spoke of those whose mouths with God-talk
were filled, they "named the Name";
but then he said (and didn't baulk):
their "hearts are far away".

That's far away - from God himself,
the One who could have been their home.
Instead, he left them on the shelf
- to FEEL, if they won't be shown.

Oh God, I want to live in you
as my home, and my "place"
to live and die, as one who
when born will see your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...