2013-12-03

and a very little man was he [Paul = little]

Zacchaeus was a little man,
a very little man was he.
He climbed up to a sycamore tree
the Saviour for to see.
Then Jesus came into the town
and saw him up the tree;
he said “Zacchaeus, you come down;
I’m coming to your house for tea”



Zacchaeus quickly scrambled down,
from out of the sycamore tree
and said “Dear Lord I’ve been as bad,
as bad as bad can be,
I’m sorry now for all my sins;
I’ll give where I have robbed”.
Salvation comes and Zacchaeus wins
while he eats with Jesus’ mob.



Jesus, he is a priest/king man,
the greatest one is he,
he comes into Jerusalem,
God’s Temple for to see.
Some people had set up their shops
(it helped their lives, they thought),
but Jesus walks in, then he stops,
and kicks them out the door!



He says “God’s house is for to pray
for all God’s people there;
your robbing means you will not stay
because you did not care
for all the different kinds of folk,
thought only of your store.” ("more" / Lore / Law)
Wow! If God sees you as a joke,
you’ll be helped out the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...