2013-09-23

Trusting God in life & death (& a commentary on the last story in Mark ch4, from the Christian "New Testament")

My lady & I enjoyed reading this book aloud recently. Here is a small quote we've thought of a few times since:

One night we were caught in a terrible storm and had to stand out to sea in the pitch dark. He was not them fourteen. ‘Can you let a boy like that steer?’ I said to the captain, ‘Yes, a boy like that’s just the right kind,’ he answered. ‘Malcolm’ll steer as straight as a porpoise because there's no fear of the sea in him.’ When the boy was relieved, he crept over to where I sat. ‘You’re not afraid, Malcolm? I asked, ‘Afraid?’ he rejoined with some surprise, ‘I wouldn’t want to hear the Lord say, “O you of little faith!” ‘But,’ I persisted, ‘God may mean to drown you.’ ‘And why not?’ he returned. ‘If you were to tell me I might be drowned without His meaning it, then I should be frightened enough.’



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...