2012-10-19

Excerpts...


I was reflecting this morning that my wife & her husband
seem to be growing more different (not more bland).
I hope it isn't just that I am getting (sometimes I feel) grumpier.


The normal problems of life: 
opportunities to trust the Father for daily bread, 
or to fret instead. 
(which for me almost seems
to have nothing to do with the system I am in.
I mean, I think the system (though it is important, 
& can be more or less useful) is simply a servant. 
And if it doesn't serve well, then it misses out, 
because God will raise up another servant 
to feed his people (thinking of Elisha 
being brought bread by ravens,
not the "system" of the Nation of Israel). 
But if the best way of developing (& showing off)
his children is for their prayers to appear unanswered
for  40 days in a row, 
then GOD can see that no bread comes through,
or (like with brother Yun), that his child lasts 
for 50 or 60 days without bread. ...
either way, I get to be on an adventure with
the creator of the Universe, 
the Father (& Mother) of all folk
that, though it starts this side
of the "Great Divide" (a little creek?)
bounds over it and
goes on into New Heavens
& a New Earth - the LIFE of the God
which needs neither light, nor breath, food, nor drink;
and is all of those to us!
Yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...