2026-08-27

do life


(to gether!)



And OMG! I’m sharing life  with you.

I don’t have to be capable at all.

I started as one tiny cell. A few.

Then hundreds, & now trillions* - not so small!


And you’ve been trying to help me grow up,

to learn to care for this big lump of cells. 

That's even when I “act up”, interrupt.

There are folk who give me their life. It smells


like perfume when they just absorb my shite,

and give to me more goods than I give out.

They’re acting then in line with what I might

call plain ol’ goodness, and it’s good, no doubt!


That view of what’s responsible (not shame)

which I agree with, ’coz it has more faith-

-full-ness than just a rule applied the same:

“we’re more responsible, the more we take”.


So then, the more I've done - of life with you,

the more chance I will have to grow and thrive.

& I am then responsible to do

more with, the more I'm gi'en. Not just survive-


al strategy, to not have expecta-

-tions placed on me by ev’ry one around.

It might sound good, but doesn’t leave a space

responsible for knowledge that we've found.


And this is not a rule placed on the world, 

so much as just a statement of what’s true,

like times-tables, as our minds are unfurled

to them, their insight helps know what to do.


And OMG! I now feel more response-

-ible, the only way to th’ dignity

causality and choice give humans once

we take on board our chanc to be more free


to learn to love, to keep our word, and act

in line with something that can not be seen,

but still affects this world like any fact.

And helps us speak in ways that really mean..


mean something in the world. Words correspond

to ways the world is as we pass through it.

While this approach to life is many pronged,

good “rules” express a good way to do it!



Footnotes
s* I am presently probably ~38 trillion human cells (x2=~76 trillion human and bacterial cells) since I am ~ 85kg; since on average an adult male at 70kg is ~36 Trillion cells (& about half are small cells like blood cells, about half bigger cells like muscle cells) and about the same number (~38 trillion) of bacterial and other cells that live in or on the body. ~28trillion for average adult woman, and ~24-28trillion for 14 yr old teenager, ~17 trillion cells in an average 10 yr old at ~ 32 kg.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...