2026-07-31

Truth in inward parts*..


(The cloud of forgetting, the cloud of unknowing, & the clarity of a child’s knowing*…)



My God, I must just trust your work, and you.

I cannot bring about good on my own.

So once again recite the folk you do

incredible work for, in singing  tones


your loyal word that’s carried on your breath

with one great fam’ly focus, dance and song*;

your artistry created (over  death)

the whole she-bang that’s ever come along.


I love you Lord, and will now learn to play

a song with all the skill you give to me,

responding to your goodness here today

I enter your love’s creativity.


But too admit what seems a “turn off” switch

on me. I’m not sure what, nor how it’s worked. 

“The trouble with X*” says it, my own glitch,

my unawareness shows where I have shirked.. 


Please help me see my job, oh holy one.

And give me grace to let your face shine through

this darkened glass, to let light pass, not shun

its influence. I want to grow like you.


I need to do this job. I’m not a sole-

trader, but a partner here with you.

I’ll now do as you said: “Remove the pole*”,

and trust in God* for all the rest then too.


I now rejoice in my infirmities*.

Admitting them quite plainly, ask for help

of you my God, “my helper*”, since you’re pleased

to put yourself that way. I am your whelp*!



ts* - see Psalm 51:6-17 etc

knowing* - Matthew 18:3; 1Cor 8:1-3; 13:8-12

song* - Zephaniah 3

X* - article by C.S. Lewis, & a human’s summary.

e* - Matthew 7:3-5

d* - Prov 3:5-6; Psalm 37:5; Jeremiah 17:7; Mark 11:22-25

es* - 2Cor 12:9-10

r* - Psalm 54:4; 121:1-2Heb 13:6

p* - Mark 7:27-28



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...