2017-08-13

what does God want with us?

He wants me myself, & he wants my heart,
my core, & centre of all who I am.
Yet he wants the whole, & not just a part;
what's real, not appearances or a sham.

But what if reality's not that good?
- What if my heart's really small, tight, and mean?
So who would I go to? Who ever could
fix up my problem, or help me to clean..

..to clean up the inside, do that hard work.
What cleaning product? - or person to coach?
How can a small child, disabled, NOT shirk,
- or feel like something that's under reproach?

The short answer's: "I am amply supplied!",
- it holds more than you'd ever believe, so
I must go to "Creator" (who's inside -
as well as outside me) & then 'Let Go.. 

'Let God do God's bit, & plant the new seeds
of the "new me" he thought of, in compost,
trust him to cultivate, care for my needs,
& know with him that no good will be "lost".'

Our small minds (with hearts) must continue too,
to grow in wisdom, & understanding:
keep living with this God - father of you,
receive his wisdom - without demanding!

So yes, God wants friendship, but as our dad*,
he knows us, & knows that we need growing,
& sometimes there's growing pains to be had.
But God's also our mum* - & is "showing".


* using God's people Israel as a picture of his relationship with his new people, the new Israel:
“Listen to me, descendants of Jacob, all you who remain in Israel. I have cared for you since you were born. Yes, I carried you before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime— until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.
Isaiah 46:3‭-‬4 NLT http://bible.com/116/isa.46.3-4.NLT & continuing that with the apostle Paul's metaphores of "bringing to birth" in Romans 8, & Galatians ....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...