2017-08-15

the best of rest!

So Jesus said to them "Come to me, all 
of you who are quite weary, with bent back,
from heavy loads, it is to you I call."
(as Lady Wisdom does to  those who lack

the wisdom needed to negotiate
this world that's God's - who is "..the only wise".)
Good thing that "God is love" as well, I'd hate
to lack where he excells, lest he despise,

& treat me with contempt, & show me up,
but as it is he treats me as his child
who knows no better, he will grow me up,
he's willing to help, &, I think he smiled.

Then he said "I will give to you my rest"
(the kind of rest from "our work" that Jews have -
a Shabbat outcome, that is by God blessed,
that helps us better this world so to nav-

i-gate, for he will lead and open up
the way for those, who humble, can still learn;
he loves to knock, & then to sit and sup,
& share life with us, now it is my turn!

I want you Lord, to come right in and live
in me as does a spirit in a bod.
You're still a father true, you'll help me sieve
my motives, & choose what to do - like God,

but you won't be dictator here in me,
a fruit of your life, and your help, is self-
control. I love you more - as more I see,
and act to show your life's work - & it's wealth.

..........

Jesus is saying "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy loads, and I will give you rest." Mathew 11:28 (PM Version)

The Lord leads the humble in what is right, teaching them His way. Psalms 25:9 (PM Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...