2017-08-20

building up and pastoral care

Our Father, & my Papa, I love you.
I'm glad to see your children growing up.
because your own immense love will not do
with all their fetal growth be'ng interup-

ted, though at times it's all lost, so it seems,
& sometimes it regresses back as well,
& often we're not sure what "the best" means;
it's strange to think we all were once "a cell".

At ev'ry stage there's much that can go wrong,
(it's quite amazing that it ever works!)
so how this body has grown tall & strong
is quite a miracle, with its own perks;

for which I thank you now, I'm very glad,
that you have poured so much good here on me
there's part of me that gets glum, & then sad,
at every small, lost opportunity.

So now I want to fan that into flame,
-at least the part that wants to see more good,
& so not miss a chance to name & blame
the true one who has sourced all good that could

be seen to ever really be that way,
unless we're born without the eyes to see,
but as I've seen there's heaps of blind who'd say
"Our God has given much good here to me!"

And so I join with Helen Keller's kind,
& thank you for your life & love, I want
that daily life & interuptions find
me finding there your love-note, in your font.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...