2017-06-23

destinies full-filled..

As he walked along he saw Levi, son of Alphaeus. Levi was sitting at the tax collector's booth. "Follow me," Jesus told him. Levi got up and followed him. Some teachers of the law who were Pharisees were there. They saw Jesus eating with "sinners" and tax collectors. So they asked his disciples, "Why does he eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?" Jesus heard that. So he said to them, "Those who are healthy don't need a doctor. Sick people do. I have not come to callt those who think they are right with God to follow me. I have come to call sinners to follow me." Mark 2:14‭, ‬16‭-‬17 NIRV etc  http://bible.com/110/mrk.2.14-17.NIRV

A Levite set apart by God to lead
God's people in responses to his care,
had been recruited by Romans who'd feed
his fam'ly (with no land to have a share).

But then one day a Rabbi who knew God
walked past him, & then said "Come follow me";
& Levi saw his chance, so off he trod
for this fulfilled his fam'ly destiny

as well as what he longed for but could not
have in the present structure 'cause he'd "sinned"
each time he broke their fake rules and would not
go to the "sinner-gog" 'cause he was "binned".

When teachers of the law (some Pharisees)
saw Jesus eating with this Levi's mates -
all tax collectors, "sinners" if you please!
[This seems to go against what Psalm One states - 

which by the way is not all bad you know*,
there's just some other stuff to learn - as well;
but they would not be taught by one so low
& younger than them (- rather go to hell)! ]

So Jesus said to them, "Those who have health
don't think they need a doctor; sick folk do!
And I have not come for those who have weath
of spirit, but who are like sick (as you?).

Then when that "Levi" followed what Christ did,
(as well as where he went), one day Christ says
(as looked he at Levi and mates), "Here hid-
den IN who does Godʼs will, are my brothers"


* “Do not be misled:'Bad company corrupts good character.' " 1Cor 15:33
..........

Jesus responded, “Who do you think are my mother and brothers?” Looking around, taking in everyone seated around him, he said, “Right here, right in front of you—my mother and my brothers. Obedience is thicker than blood. The person who does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.” Mark 3:33‭-‬35 MSG etc


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...