2017-03-29

tough stuff

Aunty ... , How're things going? Dad tells me you were trying to contact me.... & that Uncle John might have had to cancel his trip to Tazzy. How is he doing? Feel free to call me, or text me ... I don't seem to have your number to call. .. I've got "Uncle John's", but if he's crook I didn't want to bother him...

...........


Oh God, please give your grace to this couple
that as these bodies wax & wane again
they will (as some young children in trouble)
both run into your arms when they're in pain.

Please help them to speak truth, & to listen.
Please give them some good friends right there with them,
Some precious ones, like jew-els to glisten,
to catch the light and send it on again.

Ohoh. Arr-gh. Ah ah. Love to you both.
I don't know what to say. So I'll look up.^
I still remember John, when I was loathe
to lift my head up high (when still a "pup"),

sent me a cassette - to help me keep on.
He lent me courage, helped me bear the load.
I don't now know what I can do along
the lines of that same way, now on this road.

Why yes I do. It won't be quite the same,
for I'm the younger one, & not so wise.
but I could play piano, if I came,
or, recorded & emailed through the skies*.

The Psalms have become life and health to me,
I play them now to help them get inside,
& pray them when I do to help me see
with eyes that see much farther than this ride,

or walk - they say this life is a journey,
a pilgrimage of sorts(?) how good & wise;
when we have shared our griefs at each turning
with he who walks with us - though in 'disguise'.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...